Man has a large hand?

Mike Serpa

Lt. Colonel
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Does his hand seem disproportionately large? I asked my wife and she just looked at me and shook her head.
01730.jpg

Sutler's tent, 2d Division, 9th Corps. Petersburg, VA. - LOC #01730
 
Not much more than your average basketball player:
It just looks large to me. I was thinking Marfan Syndrome. Just realized I know almost nothing about Marfan Syndrome.(Stephen Curry will be MVP this year, too!)

I agree with your wife. :nah disagree: (sorry Mike!)
Well, thanks for you opinion. Two votes here plus her vote leaves me outnumbered 3-1!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It just looks large to me. I was thinking Marfan Syndrome. Just realized I know almost nothing about Marfan Syndrome.(Stephen Curry will be MVP this year, too!)

Marfan syndrome usually shows elongated fingers (like 1.5-2 x the size of the palm) and elongated forearms. If someone with Marfan's is standing up with their arms on their side, the tips of his/her fingers are about knee length...

This guy is not even close :wink:
 
There are other ' tall ' disorders- Marfans is the one everyone hears of. They're more common than anyone thinks anyway. Mom's family had one since forever, had it pointed out only a few years back. Bunch of horses. I'm with you, Mike.
 
Oops, late to the party!!
Mike, I can imagine the look your wife gave you, I get that look from my significant other whenever I'm caught posting here for more than 15minutes!
Now as for your question...


Yes, looks like a protective glove for me too.
It looks like his LARGE hand is bony. That's why I considered a physical defect. I'm not sure about a (large) glove.
 
His hands aren't larger proportionally than those of the guy leaning on the stick (who also has very big feet.)

Some skinny guys just have big hands.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top