Engraved 1st Model Burnside

Ill update any info I receive just for sh!?s and giggles.

Oh no no no, Marine - you opened this can of worms, you have to stick around and shake the tree with us.*
:rofl:
Beside, collaborative investigations are more powerful than the sum of their investigators.

* check older threads here and in the Naval war sections. *We* as a collaborative have uncovered some pretty interesting revelations once lost to time.

Oh no no no, Marine - you opened this can of worms, you have to stick around and shake the tree with us.*
Beside, collaborative investigations are more powerful than the sum of their investigators.

* check older threads here and in the Naval war sections. *We* as a collaborative have uncovered some pretty interesting revelations once lost to time.
Not bailing..shaking every tree I can find..including this one. I literally have an evidence chart Ive created with the rifle at the top, to keep up with leads, identify which ones create new ones, and see what direction to go next. Its beginning to look like a homicide investigation in here.

Hello from a Former Yucca Valley Resident. I escaped last year out here to Virginia, and we are selling our Yucca house now

Good time to bail out! That place is nuts. Another few years with the Sheriffs Dept and Ill retire from there. Depending on how the gun shop keeps going (CA Laws) I wont be too far behind you.

Good time to bail out! That place is nuts. Another few years with the Sheriffs Dept and Ill retire from there. Depending on how the gun shop keeps going (CA Laws) I wont be too far behind you.
Good luck with your search, I've found that the hunt for the "back story" just makes the artifact's ownership just that much sweeter. If you ever get back to the old hometown, look me up and I'll treat you to some BBQ and some Southern hospitality.

Good luck with your search, I've found that the hunt for the "back story" just makes the artifact's ownership just that much sweeter. If you ever get back to the old hometown, look me up and I'll treat you to some BBQ and some Southern hospitality.
Absolutely! Might be over there next October. There is a second model burnside thats becoming available in Texas I need in my collection and I'm gonna be heading the rest of the way to see the folks.

Talk about coincidence, over the weekend I had the unexpected opportunity to see another engraved Burnside exactly like this one! It is a very low number in the teens, and has been in a private collection for many years.
J.

Its beginning to look like a homicide investigation in here.

I'll go with Senator X on the War Department Budget Committee, with an ink pen.

pic884234.jpg

Still on the trail. The book "Burnside Breechloading Carbines and Rifles" has an entire page dedicated to this specific rifle with s/n 169, but does not provide any additional details from what we know already. I did learn that the second engraved rifle, s/n 214 had a hexagonal barrel, so that makes each of them the only of their kind and even more rare than originally believed.

Attachments

• IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 96
Back