Breechldrs Dug Spencer

Texas Johnny

Corporal
Back in the late 1960s when I was just a kid I purchased my very first ACW firearm. I bought it from a Virginia relic dealer, Ron O'Connell, and paid a whooping $15 for it (it was all I could afford as a kid). It is a dug Spencer Carbine, which was purportedly found near New Market, Virginia in the late 1940s or early 1950s. Of course only the metal is left, including the breech, loading lever, and barrel, but surprisingly you can still read the patent information on it. Unfortunately, I can't make out the serial number, although you can tell where it had been. I was so very proud to have this Spencer as a kid. I have added just a "few" more ACW firearms since then, but still proud of my old Spencer!

My Dug Spencer_DSC_0883_CUTOUT.jpg

My Dug Spencer_DSC_0887_CUTOUT.jpg

20210717_103849_CUTOUT.jpg

My Dug Spencer_DSC_0889-CUTOUT.jpg

20210717_104035-CUTOUT.jpg

20210717_103916_CUTOUT.jpg

20210717_104005.jpg

Any one with lots of money can buy CW arms in like new condition. These relics are around but harder to find. I like these hard to find relics that have been there and done that. There is a museum in Cody of relic arms. I would love to visit. There is a video on youtube of this museum.
Thank you! I will have to check the YouTube video out, thanks for the heads up.

UCVRelics, nice one! I really like that way you have it displayed, great idea with the cartridges! I wish I had the butt plate on mine, if you come across a Spencer butt plate please let me know.
I'll keep my eyes open for just a Spencer stock but even they are hard to come by. Till you fine one just line the Spencer up behind the breach.

Back