Starr

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

wilkere

Private
These Starr pistols where sure built better than the Colts of the era, comparable to those Rems. I would think with the Starr and Remingtons you could reload much faster than the Colt. Just don't drop the knob in the dirt! Would have liked to have found this without the conversion but beggers can't be choosers.
Best regards,
Bob

DSCN0394.JPG

DSCN0395.JPG

DSCN0396.JPG

DSCN0397.JPG

DSCN0398.JPG

DSCN0401.JPG

ucvrelics

Major
Forum Host
Great piece with that been there done that look plus I love conversions they had a double life.

Reactions: WJC

leftyhunter

Colonel
These Starr pistols where sure built better than the Colts of the era, comparable to those Rems. I would think with the Starr and Remingtons you could reload much faster than the Colt. Just don't drop the knob in the dirt! Would have liked to have found this without the conversion but beggers can't be choosers.
Best regards,
Bob

View attachment 296631

View attachment 296632

View attachment 296633

View attachment 296634

View attachment 296635

View attachment 296636
One of my favorite regiments the 2nd Colorado Cavalry Union issued one Starr revolver and be Starr Carbine per trooper. Have you ever fired the Starr revolver ? Has long has they can hit center mass at 5 yards that would be adequate combat accuracy at least 96 percent of all police shootings are under 5 y ards closer to 3 feet.
Leftyhunter

WJC

Brigadier General
Thread Medic
Answered the Call for Reinforcements
Great piece! Thanks for sharing!
I am fond of Starrs myself: I have a double action revolver that I prize.

johan_steele

Regimental Armorer
Retired Moderator
I've probably seen more cartridge conversions of Starr revolvers in the last few years than conversions of Colts. The Starr and all other period weapons were never intended to reloaded in combat conditions but in the rear with the gear or in a lull in combat. I'd not relish trying to reload one in combat or whilst on horseback.