Seeking Information

John Wofford

Cadet
Good morning
Is there any records kept of serial numbers on what guns and what swords were assigned to whom? I have my gg grand father’s sword and gun. Would like to know.
thank you

We would love to see some photos. Muskets and swords did not have serial # only pistols and carbines had them and then its a long shot to ID one to a unit much less a person. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Vote Here:
Smarter people will have betters answers for you. Lets see some pictures !! As far as I know they just handed out the weapons but the makers may have had some documents as to where they sent the guns. As far as swords go unless they were purchased privately I do not believe they kept records like that . JMHO . I do have a sword made by Saurbriar and under that drag in Roman numerals VII so I have always assumed that this was number 7 in production.

Vote Here:
Good morning
Is there any records kept of serial numbers on what guns and what swords were assigned to whom? I have my gg grand father’s sword and gun. Would like to know.
thank you
Welcome to Soldiers Who Fought on Horseback Cavalry forum. Would love to see the photos.

Vote Here:
Back