Possible Cannonball Finding

Thajko

Cadet
Joined
Sep 28, 2025
Hello. I am new to this forum. I found something that might be a cannonball buried in backyard. It is heavy weighing about 6 pounds and it is 12 inches around. A magnet does not stick to it and it shows signs of corrosion. In my research I have also learned it could possibly be a mill ball. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. Is there a way to determine if this is a cannonball? Thank you.

20250928_191250.jpg


20250929_093745.jpg


20250929_093811.jpg
 
It needs to be cleaned up a bit but it appears to be a mill ball as it doesn't look to be completely round as a cannon ball should be.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top