Loading A Muzzle Loader

DixieRifles

Captain
Member of the Year
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
You may want to try one of the CO2 gas dischargers. I've found them very useful for getting out a variety of things that have gotten stuck in people's barrels.
I heard others mention that recently and it caught my interest.
When I first tested my .36 caliber Pennsylvania rifle with a .44 inch barrel, I was having a lot of issues. I had to run to a local gunsmith twice in one day to have him extract a stuck ball. I thin a CO2 gas discharge would be great for that rifle. Even it if didn't blow it out, it might move it close to the bore and loosen it up some. Trying to justify the cost.

Maybe I will buy a Gun Rack, too. Or better yet--- a Truck to haul it to the gun range. :smoke:

No Gun Rack.JPG

DixieRifles

Captain
Member of the Year
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
Speaking of loading procedure---
My last trips to the gun range, I loaded conical bullets with grease grooves. Yesterday, I was loading Round Balls so I had to remember how I applied grease to the bores to prevent a "chain fire". I recall that I used a special tool or dowel to press down the grease or I had cut the nozzle of the tube so it would make it easier to apply and spread out.

Did I use too much grease on this .44 caliber??

GreasedRuger.JPG

After firing 7 loads---35 rounds & 1200 grains---I had to pay my respects to Lt. Robert A. Moore.
This is actually his memorial marker; he is buried with those those died at Chickamauga.
Lt_Moore.JPG