CSS Atlanta & CSS Nashville models

kevin klein

Private
DSCN2199.JPG

I know she was Mark. Incidentally I read somewhere recently that the Haitians are said to have overloaded her with gold and munitions, which is why she sank. That was new to me, I thought she merely joined the endless list of the lost at sea, cause and location unknown.

I know you know that. :smile: More directed to the larger group of people out there who, unfamiliar with the sizes of 19th-Century watercraft, think "small" when they see the word "boat." The actual dimensions of estuarial and riverine craft-- which frequently spread out to gain buoyancy because they couldn't extend down-- frequently comes as a surprise to them.

I know she was Mark. Incidentally I read somewhere recently that the Haitians are said to have overloaded her with gold and munitions, which is why she sank. That was new to me, I thought she merely joined the endless list of the lost at sea, cause and location unknown.
So there is hidden treasure still somewhere in the deep blue sea? Oh-oh.
Lubliner.

Very Nicely Done. I have always had a spot for the CSS Nashville as she was here in Demopolis for a time before going to Nanna Hubba Bluff where she was surrendered. I looked for a long time for a photo of her but the best I have ever come up with is this photo of her in New Orleans at the scarp yard.
css nashville.jpg

Attachments

• 4135_001.pdf
    708.8 KB · Views: 90
Back