History Cookie Cutter Week

My son and I have made cut out sugar cookies and decorated then from the time he was two years old. At first, he ate more of the toppings than he decorated with, and last year I really had to sort of guilt him into taking the time to do it (he's 12 this year, and I don't know how that'll go). When he was into trains, I bought a set of copper cookie cutters of an engine, a couple cars and a caboose; when he was into Star Wars, I bought a set of Yoda, a Storm Trooper and Darth Vader cutters. And I always use a lot of cookie cutters my mom and grandmother handed down. Some of my favorites are a duck, a cow, a toy soldier and an ace of spades. Whenever I make cut outs for Christmas, I always leave a few undecorated for my dad, who likes them that way so he can dunk them in his coffee!
Maybe if you just say, "I'm going to make cookies tonight, if you would like to help, I'll be in the kitchen.". That way the smell might lure him in. It is hard to watch old traditions fade, but try starting something new that will appeal, like Christmas movie night, with pizza or popcorn or whatever he likes. He may come around in a year or two if you don't make a big deal of it. Hang in there, Mama, it's all good!
 
Oh, but not mine, believe me- one of those things where you can go press your nose against the window of other people's collections on Pinterest. Mine will be antiques along with me someday, kids can sell us at the same time.
JPK, I posted this pic before but will do again on this thread. MrsP has collected cookie cutters a long time and still enjoys looking for a special one. She keeps them in a large wooden bowl on the counter.

Expired Image Removed
 
Robert tell Mrs.P these are wonderful. Thanks for posting.

Does she have some cookie recipes she would like to share? I have new thread on Cookies called December 4, National Cookie Day.
 
JPK, I posted this pic before but will do again on this thread. MrsP has collected cookie cutters a long time and still enjoys looking for a special one. She keeps them in a large wooden bowl on the counter.

Expired Image Removed
Those are beautiful. What a great idea!
 
Since this is Cookie Cutter week, thought bring this thread back up with all the beautiful pictures of cookie cutters.

It is time to make gingerbread men and Christmas sugar cookies in all types of holiday shapes. Get your cutters out and have a fun time.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top