Burnside Help

jerryaustin

Private
Need some help with the inspectors initials on the Burnside I just recently purchased. The one closest to the screw, is RKW. I believe this is Robert K Whiteley. I think that this individual was the final inspector. The letters are not exceptionally clear, but I matched them up with another Burnside on line so I'm pretty confident the initials are RKW. The other initials are more clear. I believe they are NLP. However, I have been unable to match these initials up with any inspector list on line. The serial number of the Burnside is 18724.

tempImagefAoOdp.png

tempImage8J1Fud.png

tempImage0bW0io.png

IMG_0063.jpeg

Info come from "U.S. Military Arms Inspector Marks" by Anthony Daum & Charles Pate. About 3/4's of a page. Born 1844 in Albany County, N.Y. His marks appeared on Sharps 1863 rifles and Burnside 5th. He worked at Colt and Remington. Left the firearms business at wars end. Involved in and founded various electrical (Universal Electric)companies.

Info come from "U.S. Military Arms Inspector Marks" by Anthony Daum & Charles Pate. About 3/4's of a page. Born 1844 in Albany County, N.Y. His marks appeared on Sharps 1863 rifles and Burnside 5th. He worked at Colt and Remington. Left the firearms business at wars end. Involved in and founded various electrical (Universal Electric)companies.
Thanks so much.

Back