Muzzleldrs Broken Enfield

@Bur Oak - same thing (dry granules that require water and heat), my mispelling. BTW, there's instructions for making "Glew" in Mechanik Exercises: Or the Doctrine of Handy Works. I have a reprint of Joseph Moxon's 3rd edition. It's on pages 104-5.



Those older letters makes reading a lot slower. One advantage they had back then was no fluoridated or chloridated water.
It shouldn't be heated enough to "boil" as that can weaken it. And you may be right about the water. I've always used distilled. Even without chlorination, such as with well water, I don't know what a mineral content might potentially do to the glue. Maybe nothing, but why tempt fate.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top