Research Would Like Assistance Finding This Article Online

Johnny_Reb_1865

Private
charles_benger_confederate_discharge.jpg

I would like to find this article in the Macon Daily Telegraph dated July 28th 1862 online.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Johnny_Reb_1865

Private
I was hoping that I could find a digital copy of the paper.

Because apparently the article and date isn't enough for some people.

John Hartwell

Major
Forum Host
Here is a longer article from the Augusta Constitutionalist of July 30, quoting the Macon notice. I wanted to get a pdf of the entire page, but it isn't available online:
Daily_Constitutionalist_1862-07-30_[3].png
It took a unique and special favor of his Captain to grant the beloved old fifer a "soldier's" discharge, which he clearly could not claim under army regulations.

I attach a pdf of the same article.

Daily_Constitutionalist_1862-07-30_[3].png

Attachments

• Daily_Constitutionalist_1862-07-30_[3].pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Johnny_Reb_1865

Private
Here is a longer article from the Augusta Constitutionalist of July 30, quoting the Macon notice. I wanted to get a pdf of the entire page, but it isn't available online:
It took a unique and special favor of his Captain to grant the beloved old fifer a "soldier's" discharge, which he clearly could not claim under army regulations.

I attach a pdf of the same article.

View attachment 347293

View attachment 347293
Do you have a link to that paper?

John Hartwell

Major
Forum Host
Do you have a link to that paper?
It's in the huge archive at Genealogybank.com, it's a pay site ($69.99/year, after a 7 day free trial).
Here's my link (as a member), but I don't think it will show anything to you. They have the whole issue, but digitized as individual articles/columns, not the whole page in one shot.

CORRECTION: I was wrong, I figured out how to get the whole page. Pdf attached ....

Attachments

• Daily_Constitutionalist_1862-07-30_[3] (1).pdf
    759 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Because apparently the article and date isn't enough for some people.
Here are the carded records from Fold 3 comprising the compiled service record for Charles Benger. Apparently, after he was discharged from Co B 2nd Georgia Battalion, Charles Benger enlisted as a musician in Company F 30th GA.
1582037021733.png