HF Westerns

Historical-Fiction
Will watch again tonight "The woman they almost lynched"...I own the dvd but haven't seen it for a while, I may have forgotten many things about that film (that's an advantage with B movies), it's related with the USCW, Quantrill, etc...
You had me at the poster...
 
AD7E13E3-B981-4196-B2C7-9662FBE2D006_1_105_c.jpeg
 
Evidently President Eisenhower really liked that one, and watched it alot. It was said he screened it four nights in a row in the late 1950s.

British Prime Minister Harold MacMillan was less impressed when Ike screened it for him during a state visit...

View attachment 539047
It has great theme music. It runs for 166 minutes. That surprised me though I haven't watched it in years.
 
I'm a cartoonist (aspiring, at least) so Moose and Squirrel get my respect!
William Conrad, who was Matt Dillon on the radio version of Gunsmoke, did loads of voices and narration on R&B. I think it was one of his favorites. I met him once, shook hands, and said I was happy to meet the original Matt Dillon, but he didn't seem pleased to hear that- like he didn't want to be reminded of it. I think the radio cast was angry or disappointed that none of them were chosen for the TV series.
 
William Conrad, who was Matt Dillon on the radio version of Gunsmoke, did loads of voices and narration on R&B. I think it was one of his favorites. I met him once, shook hands, and said I was happy to meet the original Matt Dillon, but he didn't seem pleased to hear that- like he didn't want to be reminded of it. I think the radio cast was angry or disappointed that none of them were chosen for the TV series.
Howard McNear ,best known as Floyd the barber on Andy Griffith , was the original voice of Doc Adams on the radio version.
 
William Conrad, who was Matt Dillon on the radio version of Gunsmoke, did loads of voices and narration on R&B. I think it was one of his favorites. I met him once, shook hands, and said I was happy to meet the original Matt Dillon, but he didn't seem pleased to hear that- like he didn't want to be reminded of it. I think the radio cast was angry or disappointed that none of them were chosen for the TV series.
Cool! Wish I could have met him.

I can understand his disappointment, but Conrad running around with a gun would've looked odd in a Western, But it worked fine in Cannon.

Despite that I weigh a measly 140 lbs. I hated the constant fat jokes; it gets old fast.

zNi00NTVmLTliMGUtMGU3NzdlZDAzMWYzXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg
 
I recently got the James Stewart Western collection (with a whole bunch of Anthony Mann!), and rewatched Winchester '73. I forgot what a masterpiece it was. Very McMurtry-esque. Only problems: the Indian agent being so dumb as to bring a fancy gun to a trade and list it as "not for sale"; and Rock Hudson supplying the most wooden NA portrayal in cinema history.
 
I recently got the James Stewart Western collection (with a whole bunch of Anthony Mann!), and rewatched Winchester '73. I forgot what a masterpiece it was. Very McMurtry-esque. Only problems: the Indian agent being so dumb as to bring a fancy gun to a trade and list it as "not for sale"; and Rock Hudson supplying the most wooden NA portrayal in cinema history.
Native Americans being portrayed by Italians , Germans ,etc. was common back in the day. Today we have many NA actors , many Canadian. . Back then they were primarily in the background
 
Native Americans being portrayed by Italians , Germans ,etc. was common back in the day. Today we have many NA actors , many Canadian. . Back then they were primarily in the background
That wasn't so much my problem (I never minded Henry Brandon's many chiefs) as just Hudson's inability to act (he never could IMHO).
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top