Discussion Weapon serial #s?

bayonet

Sergeant Major
Anyone here good at looking up serial #s of CW weapons as in Spencer, Sharps, Colts, Smith & Wesson, Remington, Bacon, North-Savage. Sad I remember 35-40 years ago for just $25-50 Colt would look in up and send you a nice certificate telling you were it was shipped to etc. Then a few years later some Shysters starting charging over $300 there. It was almost half the price of my first Army 1860 Colt I brought. Shame.

Here you go. Best books to find out all you need to know about the serial #, Plus you can get still find on a CD or thumb drive. I have the books but the CD is easier.
1616891684511.png

Well just Volume 2 on Amazon is $543.25, mint condition $910, run over by a Bus condition $416. I'll go look for the CD so my Wife does not take a Sword off the Wall and remove my head for spending over $500 on a 200 page book.

The CD is the best way to go but I bought all 4 volumes years ago for $150

Can't find the CD for sale but I do see folks complaining the CD is not as complete and or missing pages of the books

The CD was created before the second (and final) edition of Vol. 4 came out, and so the CD doesn't have all the info in the books.
Also, the fellow who owns the SRS has info collected AFTER final publication of the CD and the books - I don't know how much, but some.

Back