NF Trying to identify a book

Non-Fiction

Dan Daly

Cadet
I am trying to remember the title of a book that I saw a few years back.

It is a brief account of the war and it causes by a company or field grade Confederate officer. The book looks at things as the legacy of the English Civil War with Northerners being the heirs of Puritans and Southerners being the heirs of Cavaliers. There is a fairly recent paperback reprint of the book and it is fairly short. I’d guess 80-120 pages.
Thank you in advance for any help in identifying it.

Welcome to CWT from the Smoky Mountain side of North Carolina. Just jump right in and enjoy. I remember also seeing that book but but can’t remember the name of it! But just wait for a little while and some one will be along to help you with your questions..

It sounds a bit like "Attack and Die" by Grady McWhinney, but he is more of a contemporary and definitely not a Confederate officer.
Attack and Die sounds like an interesting book but it’s not the one that I’m thinking of.

I am trying to remember the title of a book that I saw a few years back.

It is a brief account of the war and it causes by a company or field grade Confederate officer. The book looks at things as the legacy of the English Civil War with Northerners being the heirs of Puritans and Southerners being the heirs of Cavaliers. There is a fairly recent paperback reprint of the book and it is fairly short. I’d guess 80-120 pages.
Thank you in advance for any help in identifying it.
Was it “Away down South” by James Cobb?

Back