Travel Report

Visited Camp Wildcat, Richmond battlefield, Cassius Clays grave, General Whitakers grave and then it started raining hard. We had dinner in the hotel from a good chicken resturant called Rosters I liked there famous dumpster fries and Donkey wing sauce. Tomorrow going to visit Cave Hill Cemetery then maybe another battlefield or two. Bought some new books today from a rare bookstore

I have drove past Camp Wildcat 6 or 7 times and have never stopped. One time I am just going to take the time to stop.

Did you take picture of Castleman on his horse in the Cherokee Triangle? There been talk tomove the statute but with virus haven't heard any more. It is one of my favorite statues. We lived on Cherokee Rd for 3 years. Always passed that statue. That neighborhood was so nice. I was in High School at the time.

Did you take picture of Castleman on his horse in the Cherokee Triangle? There been talk tomove the statute but with virus haven't heard any more. It is one of my favorite statues. We lived on Cherokee Rd for 3 years. Always passed that statue. That neighborhood was so nice. I was in High School at the time.

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

It is so sad. It was a grand statue. I really don't understand why they vandalize it. He rode with John Hunt Morgan. Later he did so much for Louisville and served in Spanish American War. I guess maybe they do need to move him. Cave Hill be nice place for it. Hei s buried there.

Back