Should have bought?

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
This was signed by the artist. Kind of odd Confederate. Bayonet scabbard on wrong side?
tim.jpg

As a commercial artist and a gallery artist with work hanging in numerous collections, I'll offer my best advice:

Buy the pieces that you love. Buy the ones that really speak to you. Don't worry what your friends tell you about them. Buy what you love. Then...take those pieces home and hang them where you will see them EVERY SINGLE DAY. Then, walk by them and pause to enjoy them. If you do that, you absolutely cannot go wrong.

As a commercial artist and a gallery artist with work hanging in numerous collections, I'll offer my best advice:

Buy the pieces that you love. Buy the ones that really speak to you. Don't worry what your friends tell you about them. Buy what you love. Then...take those pieces home and hang them where you will see them EVERY SINGLE DAY. Then, walk by them and pause to enjoy them. If you do that, you absolutely cannot go wrong.

Well said.

post-164190-0-17903500-1493685738.jpg

Tim Kurtz is an abstract artist who enjoys reenacting. He does some historic paintings from which he sells prints, mostly to raise money for the Michigan Cavalry Brigade that he reenacts with. It appears he is letting the Michigan Military Heritage Museum in Grass Lake Michigan sell some.

The Michigan Military Heritage Museum in Grass Lake is a small but very nice private museum about 45 miles from me. The Museum is working hard to try to get started and I have gone a couple of times. I try to buy some of Kurtz paintings to help the Michigan Cavalry Brigade and the Michigan Military Heritage Museum. The cost is right and I just put them in folders and have yet to do much with the prints. Still last time I was at the Museum that had about 150 WWI uniforms on manikins, very nice. This is the next one I hope to purchase so I hope the Museum has a copy, Michigan at East Cavalry Battle Field. I can go to Kutz's web site and get one for $25 (14 X 16 inches) with $10 going to the Michigan Cavalry Brigade. I like Michigan stuff and I don't see how I can go wrong getting one. I like it better than his abstract art.

east.jpg

Back