Savage Navy serial number question

Photo? That looks like a sketch to me!
It's no doubt been heavily retouched, "enhanced", edited, or whatever, in the manner of many old photos around the turn of the Twentieth Century but it is supposedly a photograph.

Confederate? Are you sure? That medal emblem on the side of his hat looks similar to many Union emblems. But thats just me.
Just going with how it was labeled but the uniform looks grey to me.
As I've noted in a previous thread this is most likely a Federal wearing a faded four-button sack coat. There have been several threads here lately pointing out incorrect identification or labeling in various online sources, many of which should know better!

As I've noted in a previous thread this is most likely a Federal wearing a faded four-button sack coat. There have been several threads here lately pointing out incorrect identification or labeling in various online sources, many of which should know better!
Thank you for the correction! I'm still learning and always glad for more knowledge. Just goes to show you that you can't believe everything you see online.

Does anyone/has anyone seen a photograph with Confederates using the Savage Navy revolver?

Thank you for the correction! I'm still learning and always glad for more knowledge. Just goes to show you that you can't believe everything you see online.

Does anyone/has anyone seen a photograph with Confederates using the Savage Navy revolver?
The one I posted of Bob Lee is the only one that comes to mind, and it might have been taken postwar.

If you don't find one you owe us all a Beer for doubting us :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :smile coffee:

Back