NF Sad news

Non-Fiction

Eric Wittenberg

1st Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
Tony Horwitz, the author of Confederates in the Attic, died very unexpectedly yesterday at the very young age of 60. I had the good fortune of doing a book signing with him in 1998 and found him to be a good guy, quick with a good story and a hearty laugh, and unfailingly generous with his time. He was on a book tour when he died. He will be missed. RIP, Tony.

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/20...4mLXaazEZIkvH5NwnITrN0o4BkiR4b4il_Z89RATwTqM0

My deepest sympathies to his family. Another great civil warrior has also past this month, Dr. Richard Sommers, author of "Richard Redeemed." He was well known for his encyclopedic knowledge of the Civil War and for his many professional contributions to AHEC in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. His unequalled civil war scholarship will truly be missed. David.

That is really young. Gotta either be the widow maker heart attack or a massive stroke. Prayers to his family. Historians who can write well are truly a treasure.

I am sadden to hear og his passing. May you forever R.I.P. Mr. Horwitz

Respectfully,
William

One Nation,
Two countries
Confed-American Flag - Thumbnail.jpg

WOW, I meet him brifley at the Franklin CW show about 5 years ago he was a piece of work. RIP Tony.

Back