Sad news

Eric Wittenberg

2nd Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
Tony Horwitz, the author of Confederates in the Attic, died very unexpectedly yesterday at the very young age of 60. I had the good fortune of doing a book signing with him in 1998 and found him to be a good guy, quick with a good story and a hearty laugh, and unfailingly generous with his time. He was on a book tour when he died. He will be missed. RIP, Tony.

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/20...4mLXaazEZIkvH5NwnITrN0o4BkiR4b4il_Z89RATwTqM0

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

christian soldier

2nd Lieutenant
Member of the Month
My deepest sympathies to his family. Another great civil warrior has also past this month, Dr. Richard Sommers, author of "Richard Redeemed." He was well known for his encyclopedic knowledge of the Civil War and for his many professional contributions to AHEC in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. His unequalled civil war scholarship will truly be missed. David.

bdtex

Brigadier General
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018
Tony Horwitz, the author of Confederates in the Attic, died very unexpectedly yesterday at the very young age of 60.
That was probably the 4th Civil War book I read. Take no day for granted huh? Only 60 myself.

Mrs. V

First Sergeant
That is really young. Gotta either be the widow maker heart attack or a massive stroke. Prayers to his family. Historians who can write well are truly a treasure.

Polloco

First Sergeant
Sad to say I never got around to reading his book yet. But more than likely will now. Its only been 20 years. Am I slow or what?