Collection Rifle Display

vmicraig

Sergeant
Decided to save some money on buying an expensive rifle rack and make one myself. Invested a grand total of $35 and it came out pretty good for an amateur project. A simple way to display my three ‘51 Springfield cadets on the cheap. I still need to find one more M1851 bayonet to make the trio complete
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I agree wish we could do that in England unfortunately if we did it now we would have anti terror police bashing down our doors :eek: .
I own quite a few replica weapons, not as good as the real thing but they look good on display, I’m particularly pleased with my Winchester and Henry repeating rifle, there’s a few companies out there, some are better than others. Denix make some half decent rifles, you could perhaps treat yourself to a few.

I own quite a few replica weapons, not as good as the real thing but they look good on display, I’m particularly pleased with my Winchester and Henry repeating rifle, there’s a few companies out there, some are better than others. Denix make some half decent rifles, you could perhaps treat yourself to a few.

Are you sure their not live weapons i would not want the wife to get hold of one :eek:

Do you need a licence?.

Nicely done. I see nice wall brackers for the other guns. Where can I find similar ones? Do they make mounts that lock to prevent easy theft?
I’ve used the same wall hangers for all of my wall mounted guns - nice and uniform when you’ve got a lot on display. Here’s a link where I have bought from in the past...

Looks like carving in the wood on one of those - is that correct? If so, I'd like to see a good photo - I always like personalized arms
Good eye. Yes, my ‘52 is indeed carved. (The 3 models represent one from each year of production between 1851-‘53. I previously posted a small novel
on it, so I’ll save the story and simply give you the link here:

Do you need a licence?.
The only license one might need is a driver license, in order to get to the place that is selling you a gun. By law, any firearm made before 1898 is not a firearm but an antique, just like your grandmother's rocking chair.
In most states here, one can buy almost anything shy of a machine-gun without any kind of license or registration at all.

well.....hung my Zouave musket original and bayonette on the wall. cost..only $20 for the wall hangers...
but another $120 to have the plumber out to fix the hole in the water pipe I hit while drilling the pilot hole.
yes. used a stud finder, but just missed the stud and hit the water pipe attached on the side.
the worst thing was the plumber kept laughing......Ken

Good eye. Yes, my ‘52 is indeed carved. (The 3 models represent one from each year of production between 1851-‘53. I previously posted a small novel
on it, so I’ll save the story and simply give you the link here:

Great story in that link.
I've owned perhaps a dozen ex-studio prop guns - the best was an 1862 dated Enfield with a SCH in oval (a rarely seen confederate viewer mark) stamped on the metal. It is pictured in "The English Connection" on page 112 (the SHC mark) and also the proofmarks are shown at page 103 of that book - for some reason, the book does not mention the mean of the mark just above the proofmark, a clearly stamped "W.C.CO" which of course stands for Western Costume Company. It was sold in the big MGM prop sale about 1980, and I have the page of the catalog listing it.
The one that got away was a nice crisp Fayetteville rifle that was used at a prop which was hanging on the wall in a scene or two of some movie.

Back