Pistol bullet?

Duane Pringle

Sergeant
Dug this at my usual site today never dug this bullet it has a hollow base. Does anyone know what it is? Here it is next to a penny.
20171029_175505.jpg

Nice. If you would in the future post these type items over at the Weapons & Ammo forum we can take a look and get a lot better response. Plus if you could post a photo of the base it would be helpful.

@bdtex if you would be so kind as to move this over to the Weapons & Ammo forum I would appreciate it.

I agree that better pictures of the base should be posted. From the pictures shown, it looks as if it could be a modern fishing weight as much as any pistol bullet.

Yep sorry about that Dont post alot and forget were I should post items. So have any of you come across hollow base civil war pistol bullets?

If you could post a photo of the base it would really help in determining what it is.

20171030_151721.jpg
20171030_151728.jpg
20171030_151710.jpg
ok here us a pics of side,bottom and top there is no hole through it and I have found several pistol bullets in the vicinity of this one but this is the only one like this. This field has been a gold mind for dropped bullets 69s 58s and 54 calibers plus pistol bullets.

It does appear to be a picket bullet of some sort.

Back