Tell me more! OVM Horse bit rosette

Ace 350

Private
Good morning everyone. I found this beauty 2 years ago in my home town here in Knoxville TN. I’ve wore out google especially when I first dug it up trying to find another example of the one that I have but I couldn’t find a single example. With that being said I would like to see if someone may have some information on this one. I do know that it’s pretty rare. But where was this made at? Who would have used it? Etc Ect. Maybe I’ll never really get a lot of information on its past but I’ve got to try and shine some more light on this one. Anyone got any thoughts on how I could find anything out at all about this thing? Thanks for reading and looking. Oh and I’ve got it wrapped in a small layer of plastic wrap to keep it from getting dinged up or anything.

0DDA2D1B-0389-43D4-960E-CBD34F5A72D8.jpeg

Nice piece. I have seen several dug examples. One being from Shiloh and the other dug by Charlie Harris at Chickamauga, These would not have been for the run of the mill cavalryman but an officer's horse.

Very nice and a rare piece. Us lucky forum members to to see so much great stuff and we get the opportunity to earn.

Very nice and a rare piece. Us lucky forum members to to see so much great stuff and we get the opportunity to earn.
Bill I was honestly lucky to dig it up. The area I found it had soldier activity obviously but the area I had found it in I had gotten no signals all day. I finally got 1 signal and it was a beer top. I walked 6 more feet and this rang up exactly the same number as the beer top so I thought it was going to be another top but there it was. I couldn’t believe it. It was also raining and about 44 degrees out that day. No one in their right mind would have been out there but I’ve never been right by no means.

No one in there right mind would have been out
Ive dug many a time when there was snow on the ground. I figured the rangers won't out in this mess:D

Back