TN One lone grave

Joined
Jun 12, 2016
Location
Memphis
Since childhood, I have visited one cemetery within a mile of the homeplace. In the cemetery is a single unknown Confederate soldier. Just a single one. I have been puzzled as to why a lone grave would be there.

At any rate- there are people from the community that come and visit.

20230622_191229.jpg


20230622_191629.jpg
 
Small world! The city's founder and family are buried there. There was a skirmish at the old Union Depot (OR) but I don't recall losses- which leaves me even more puzzled.
 
Last edited:

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top