Brass Napoleon Award New guy needs help identifying items

I think that sounds like a very good idea since it will still function the same way as an original without turning over every single rock over to find one. Do you have any recommendations on where to go to find one? I live down in Tullahoma, TN and I have been to the Blockade Runner over in Wartrace so I could see if they have anything that could fit the requirements.
Let me look for you, you would not believe how detailed some of the sutlers have become in their authenticity.

Sure, thank you very much since you have a better idea of what to look for than me. I really appreciate how helpful you guys are being for me.
This is the best place to come for answers, and you have the best of the best in @Package4 and @ucvrelics helping you out. I love to sit back and learn from this forum and I'm sure you will too. I have to agree with @lelliott19 when she says you are one of the best new members we've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm glad you found us! Or we found you...

Thank you so much for the compliment! I usually sit back and lurk on forums that I have little knowledge on, but after looking through just a few threads and saw how helpful and polite everyone is to each other, I started to think to myself that "Hey, maybe I should just jump on in and see if I can get anywhere", and boy let me tell you what, I have been busy on this forum all day since I wrote on the new comers meet and greet sub forum. There have been so many people here that have been happy to help me out and identify and acquire information about items. I have learned so much today and to be honest, I am very excited to get back on the forums tomorrow and learn more and hopefully get some help on some cartridges and other relics. Even though this is my first day being here, it already feels at home here as if I have been on here for years. Not many forums have that dynamic, so I just would like to say thank you for what you guys are doing because it is working! haha

Last edited:
Welcome from the Keystone State. Nice collection of civil war memorabilia. I would consult with the Horse Soldier Shop in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. They can answer any of your militaria questions. David.

I believe he has gotten a whole lot more info from CWT then HS could give him and I don't think he wants to sell any of these items.

Last edited:
, I am very excited to get back on the forums tomorrow and learn more and hopefully get some help on some cartridges and other relics. Even though this is my first day being here, it already feels at home here as if I have been on here for years

Welcome Taylor!
And I may pass on what one of the members here said to me in my very first "Meet and Greet" thread, almost 6 years ago: "Relax. You are among friends now!" That felt just wonderful.
Glad to have you with us!

Hello Taylor,

You have a great collection and are getting excellent advice and information from the very knowledgeable members of this forum. You mentioned that you would like to find a display cabinet. I included a link to an ikea cabinet that’s very popular with collectors. I have 4 of them. They’re not outrageously expensive, not difficult to put together and give a clear unobstructed view of anything that you put in them. Adding LED lighting would look nice and be safer to use with collectibles.

Regards,
Frank
https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/p/detolf-glass-door-cabinet-black-brown-10119206/

You're already meeting the best people here! Welcome from New Hampshire and please visit the Soldier's Tales Forum which I co-host.
I certainly feel like I am talking with the best, but I am sure there are plenty of others here that are just as helpful and friendly. I will swing by the forum you co-host, it aounds like a good place to chill out at the beginning or end of a day.

Back