Major Eugene Carter

DrPaulSem

Private
Joined
Apr 6, 2024
Hello My Friends,

I'm still new to the forum and spending a lot more time writing and researching than interacting here (I will one day soon)...

I have a Gettysburg book coming out that I must get to the publisher by the end of June.

I am researching Major Eugene Carter who served at Gettysburg.

He was born in Maine, but I am having a difficult time locating where in Maine he was born. Does anyone have an answer on this - and a source?

Thanks.

My Best,
Paul Semendinger
 
Hello My Friends,

I'm still new to the forum and spending a lot more time writing and researching than interacting here (I will one day soon)...

I have a Gettysburg book coming out that I must get to the publisher by the end of June.

I am researching Major Eugene Carter who served at Gettysburg.

He was born in Maine, but I am having a difficult time locating where in Maine he was born. Does anyone have an answer on this - and a source?

Thanks.

My Best,
Paul Semendinger
 
P
1717676095590.png
Possibly Bridgton, Cumberland County, Maine
 
I would say Bridgton, too as his other brothers were born there. I could see if anyone at the Bridgton Historical Society can confirm that (as I actually vacation there during the summer and frequent the society often).
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top