Looking for more help with William Shockley

Virginia Dave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
William Shockley Pvt. Co. C 24th Va. Inf.was shot in the neck, captured, and sent to New York's DeCamp General Hospital; he was exchanged but succumbed from his wound in Carroll County, Virginia on November 19, 1863.

I have been unable to find him on Find a Grave or elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Records I found show he was wounded at Gettysburg and captured. He died on Nov 19, 1863. BTW, in the 24th there was William Shockley, William H Shockley, and William Shocksley. This is the one who succumbed to wounds.

This is his CSR.

Attachments

• William Shockley.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
Records I found show he was wounded at Gettysburg and captured. He died on Nov 19, 1863. BTW, in the 24th there was William Shockley, William H Shockley, and William Shocksley. This is the one who succumbed to wounds.

This is his CSR.
@Big Sarge I know with that many Williams in our family it gets confusing. Especially when they served together. By the way I can't get your attachment to open. I will keep trying. Can you email it to me? [email protected]

Someone more familiar with find a grave will know the answer to this, but I believe the information is user-added, so his not being on there could just be because nobody has added him.
If I could find him I would post it there, plus I am reviewing information on the Shockley Cemetery in Carroll county where he may be. Some of the headstone there are illegible.

William Shockley Pvt. Co. C 24th Va. Inf.was shot in the neck, captured, and sent to New York's DeCamp General Hospital; he was exchanged but succumbed from his wound in Carroll County, Virginia on November 19, 1863.

I have been unable to find him on Find a Grave or elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all. I am still looking for info on one of my kin. If you can help I would appreciate it.

Back