Looking for a Federal Unit

rli

Private
Hello to all. I'm a former reenactor 1990's thru 2003.I had to leave the hobby when I went Career Fire Service. I was a member of a unit in the USV at that time, we were considered Campaigners then but as I see now most of the equipment and uniforms I have ( Jarnagan) won't make the cut in most of those units. To us Campaigners were guy's with no tents that carried everything they would need in a pack and didn't go to Sutlers row. Unfortunately everything still fits ( retired fireman) and although somethings are worn out replacing some of it seems counter productive. I live in North Carolina but traveling is no problem like I said I'm retired. I think I could keep up with most units as I still run ten miles every other day but that does remain to be seen. Any help finding a group that would be a good fit would be appreciated.

Hello to all. I'm a former reenactor 1990's thru 2003.I had to leave the hobby when I went Career Fire Service. I was a member of a unit in the USV at that time, we were considered Campaigners then but as I see now most of the equipment and uniforms I have ( Jarnagan) won't make the cut in most of those units. To us Campaigners were guy's with no tents that carried everything they would need in a pack and didn't go to Sutlers row. Unfortunately everything still fits ( retired fireman) and although somethings are worn out replacing some of it seems counter productive. I live in North Carolina but traveling is no problem like I said I'm retired. I think I could keep up with most units as I still run ten miles every other day but that does remain to be seen. Any help finding a group that would be a good fit would be appreciated.
Good luck in your search. I am sure that a vast majority of what you used to use, will be acceptable. I’m happy that you are rejoining the reenactor hobby. Have fun.

Reactions: rli
well good luck on your search im sure that alot of events that were schedule for this year is canceled so you will have a good bit of time

Was just mentioning in another thread from someone in your area looking as well that it's looking pretty thin the rest of the year for events due to the plague but Cedar Creek in Oct. is still on at the moment. I'd make a trip there, I'm sure there will be some guys from your area there. Welcome back to the hobby.

Hi! Welcome back--I'm sure there are lots of units that would welcome you. The USV is still very active. Suggest you contact them and they can steer you towards a unit in your area. The unit I belong to is part of the USV and we're based in the DC metro area. If you're interested in portraying a US Regular, let me know!

USV website: https://www.usvolunteers.org/

3rd US website: https://www.3rdusreenactors.com/

Last edited:
Back