Lemon Cream

I love that it's named "Lemon Cream" but has no cream in it. That sort of name seems more true of dishes back then than nowadays -- they seemed to use "cream" to indicate texture, while we are more likely to use it to indicate a milk product.

They're right about the lemon tart thing -- very similar to a recipe I have for mini-tarts. And much like a cake filling I make, too, now I think on it.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top