Jackson

GeneralHood

Cadet
Joined
Mar 16, 2014
Location
Houston, Texas
I know that General Jackson was in the midst of attacking Haper's Ferry when General McClellan decided to attack. Do you consider it Jackson's fault (Jackson was known for running late or stalling like during the 7 Days Campaign) or just plain dumb luck that he was "there in the nick of time". I know he helped stem the tide of McClellan, but if he had been up there, he could have made a major difference in the beginning
 
I know that General Jackson was in the midst of attacking Haper's Ferry when General McClellan decided to attack. Do you consider it Jackson's fault (Jackson was known for running late or stalling like during the 7 Days Campaign) or just plain dumb luck that he was "there in the nick of time". I know he helped stem the tide of McClellan, but if he had been up there, he could have made a major difference in the beginning

Lee actually issued an order recalling Jackson. Jackson ignored this, and managed to force a surrender the next day if I remember correctly.

However, Jackson's force arrived late on the 16th, along with Walker's division. Only McLaws' two divisions weren't up, they'd arrive at dawn on the 17th, and AP Hill's division of course....
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top