Help with reading this name

I'm returning to this thread with some good news. I just got John W. Murray's service record, and he was indeed an aide de camp, having served on General James M. Tuttle's staff. Based on the info appearing throughout this thread, I feel pretty confident the gentleman in the CDV is Lt. J.W. Murray from the 72nd IL!

JW Murray - ADC 01.jpg


JW Murray - ADC 02.jpg


JW Murray - ADC 03.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top