Help Request: Andersonville, Georgia

ferrissteve1

Private
I'm going to be in Georgia for a few days attending my brothers graduation from OCS at Benning next weekend and on one of the days my father and I are taking a trip to visit Andersonville. While there I'd like to take some period photos, however, I really don't want to go through the hassle of trying to check a replica pistol and cartridges with the airlines at present. (the current situation with the TSA and the Govt shutdown doesn't inspire loads of confidence)...SO that being said I'd like to know if fellow reenactors have had any problems mailing pieces of their gear to their destination OR B. if there are any reenactors in the Andersonville area that would be willing to loan a fellow enthusiast a pistol for a few hours to take pictures? (I'll cover lunch and a beer for the trouble) I do apologize if this is a seemingly odd request, but I'm not sure the best way to go about doing this. The airlines own website and TSA more/less say its fine...but again I'd hate to pack something wrong and lose a nice replica piece. I do intend on calling the Drummer Boy Museum and inquire with them also to see if they perhaps any 'prop' pieces that could temporarily be used.

A huge thank you to all that might respond.

Steve

Back