Gettysburg 2016: After Action Reports

I thought views from the Pennsylvania Monument were terrific. You can see the obvious landmarks. The Copse of Trees, Cemetery Hill, the Codori farm buildings, the Round Tops.

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

Great photos again, Peter.
And as many of us said the other day in @W. Richardson 's thread, they give you the strange feeling of "being at home" there. We drove around and walked around the Pennsylvania monument so frequently ... and it's interesting to see the view of the Gettysburg webcam atop the Codori barn from the opposite direction!

image-12-jpg.jpg

I thought views from the Pennsylvania Monument were terrific. You can see the obvious landmarks. The Copse of Trees, Cemetery Hill, the Codori farm buildings, the Round Tops.

When going through old photos I'd taken at Gettysburg in the 1960's I'd evidently forgotten about the observation deck on the Pennsylvania Memorial and originally posted the one below as taken from the Peach Orchard. Only later did I notice a note on the back stating it was taken from the monument looking to the northeast with Culp's Hill at left and Wolf Hill at right.

image-13-jpg.jpg

Back