Fremont carbines

That has got to be one of the coolest images I've seen. Thanks for the great find. At the start of the war, Alabama had 700 Hall rifles in store and an additional 748 at the Mount Vernon Arsenal. This is the count as of October of 1860. In H. Madaus book, "Confederate Rifles and Muskets" under the chapter on Halls, there is listings for all the Alabama units issued Hall rifles. The 1st is among them. I've not seen it all, but that's the only period image with a Hall still in flint I've ever seen. The 1st AL were issued them. I'd like to believe that's the one that infantryman used. Outstanding!
 
That has got to be one of the coolest images I've seen. Thanks for the great find. At the start of the war, Alabama had 700 Hall rifles in store and an additional 748 at the Mount Vernon Arsenal. This is the count as of October of 1860. In H. Madaus book, "Confederate Rifles and Muskets" under the chapter on Halls, there is listings for all the Alabama units issued Hall rifles. The 1st is among them. I've not seen it all, but that's the only period image with a Hall still in flint I've ever seen. The 1st AL were issued them. I'd like to believe that's the one that infantryman used. Outstanding!
I guess I can hit a home run every once in a while. I knew it seemed valuable when I saw it.
I have to say, the fellow with the Hall in the picture seemed right proud of it, didn't he?
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top