Impressions First Reenactment Photo

Well ok, a small one. The waistline used at the time was at your belly button. That's where the top of your trousers should be, perhaps shorten your suspenders to get there. Then the crotch will rise such that you won't look quite so saggy down there. I realize that might mean letting out the leg cuffs a bit ... I hope there's material left enough to do that, though some soldiers preferred quite short cuffs.
Thanks! I actually wasn't wearing suspenders in this photo, at my next event I will do so.

Years ago I was witness to a very bizarre event. One of our new guys came back from the sutler tent with some new tin wares. He the commenced to put his new purchases in the fire. After they were good and charred, he took his bayonet and began violently stabbing holes in his new purchases. When asked what he was doing, he stated in a calm matter of fact voice " I am making them authentic." We all had a good laugh and this story comes up every reenacting season.

I have a tin shaving mug, mirror and a straight razor, but I haven't used the razor in years. It's just too hard to use a straight razor if you don't practice almost daily. Then there's the issue of injury. Even a small shaving cut bleeds forever. I duck under cover and shave with a disposable.

Welcome to the hobby and from the Cannons and Artillery Forum.

Mill springs was a nice event - I was there with Federal Artillery.
Its nice to see some younger blood getting into reenacting. We need new recruits to keep this going.

Welcome to the hobby and from the Cannons and Artillery Forum.

Mill springs was a nice event - I was there with Federal Artillery.
Its nice to see some younger blood getting into reenacting. We need new recruits to keep this going.
Yes it is unfortunate that people my age aren't really getting as involved in history. I'd say on of the reasons is people have less time to be creative because social media is such a large distraction, it's easy to spend hours on it. I believe also the current political climate is a large discouragement. That's just my 2 cents though.

I have a tin shaving mug, mirror and a straight razor, but I haven't used the razor in years. It's just too hard to use a straight razor if you don't practice almost daily. Then there's the issue of injury. Even a small shaving cut bleeds forever. I duck under cover and shave with a disposable.
How about just not shaving for the weekend? I doubt too many soldiers bothered during any period of active campaigning!

Back