FINALS: Destination CWT Muster 2020

Finals: Destination CWT Muster 2020 Vote for the one(s) you would likely attend one east one west

• WEST: Shiloh & vicinity TN

Votes: 44 49.4%
  • WEST: Franklin & vicinity TN

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • EAST: Antietam & vicinity MD

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • EAST: Fredericksburg & vicinity VA

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • EAST: Charleston or Savannah & Vicinity GA/SC

Votes: 26 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I never realized Savannah was considered “East” I always thought Ga was considered the western theatre.
Dont know how could be any farther east, go east of Charleston or Savannah your in the Atlantic....... :bounce: :D

Or would be considered Lower seaboard theater which is actually separate from east or west. But figure if we are gonna include the Trans Mississippi which is also a separate theater as west........lower seaboard should be east.

Last edited:
If we select Shiloh, I would suggest stay in Corinth with its larger selection of hotels, restaurants and is the intersection of 2 federal highways. Memphis is about a 1 1/2 hour drive,, fairly straight for those who are flying in for our proposed association. Brices Cross Roads is about 40 miles south while Tupelo is 1 hour south on US Hwy 45. Of coruse, I would recommend after or before the confab at Shiloh, be sure and visit Oxford! A 2 hour drive will bring you to the home of the University of Mississippi, William Fauklner's home and grave, LQC Lamar's home, 2 Confederate statues and the world famous Square Books.
Just my 2 cents.
Regards
David

If we select Shiloh, I would suggest stay in Corinth with its larger selection of hotels, restaurants and is the intersection of 2 federal highways. Memphis is about a 1 1/2 hour drive,, fairly straight for those who are flying in for our proposed association. Brices Cross Roads is about 40 miles south while Tupelo is 1 hour south on US Hwy 45. Of coruse, I would recommend after or before the confab at Shiloh, be sure and visit Oxford! A 2 hour drive will bring you to the home of the University of Mississippi, William Fauklner's home and grave, LQC Lamar's home, 2 Confederate statues and the world famous Square Books.
Just my 2 cents.
Regards
David
Would mention it be a bit of a commute, but those staying longer Fort Pillow might be a good optional trip

Just my 2 cents.
Regards
David

I agree 100%. Base camp in Corinth with maybe Iuka or other spot close by with a full day Sat at Shiloh and Corinth Sunday morning and as you stated many place for our early and late stayers to visit.

Nearest hotel in Savannah is in Savannah nearest restaurant in Savannah is in Savannah. If you enjoy riverboat tours, carriage tours, ghost tours, civil war tours, house tours, architecture, two Civil War forts, lots of shopping, there's Charleston and Beaufort up the road that has Fort Sumter, Fort Moultrie, the Hunley, more shopping, more carriage rides, So you can't go wrong with this a lot of fun can be had by all. If your handicaped by not walking long distances Savannah has benches as well as riding tours.

Nearest airport to Antietam is probably Reagan National Washington DC or BWI. Hagerstown has an airport but not sure if commuter jets fly there. I would say same question for Shiloh...nearest airport?

Hagerstown is OK as a basecamp. There is enough hotels to choose from. I spent 1.5 years commuting to hagerstown from north of Baltimore for work so I’m a bit jaded. I wouldnt say the dining is out of this world. But honestly all that is secondary to the CW sites.

I chose franklin thinking it would also be stones river. And almost staying away from Nashville unless you really want to honky tonk.

Savannah and Charleston would actually be really nice.

Nearest airport to Antietam is probably Reagan National Washington DC or BWI. Hagerstown has an airport but not sure if commuter jets fly there. I would say same question for Shiloh...nearest airport?

Hagerstown is OK as a basecamp. There is enough hotels to choose from. I spent 1.5 years commuting to hagerstown from north of Baltimore for work so I’m a bit jaded. I wouldnt say the dining is out of this world. But honestly all that is secondary to the CW sites.

I chose franklin thinking it would also be stones river. And almost staying away from Nashville unless you really want to honky tonk.

Savannah and Charleston would actually be really nice.

Savannah and Charleston is already rolling out the carpet's for everyone. They have already prepared for us down there. They love to have groups in Savannah/Charleston they are made for historical tourism. the base would be Savannah. We could venture up to Beaufort and Charleston.

I been to Antietam it's a good little ride if you go from D.C. expect to sit in traffic.
I am actually going to Chestertown, MD, which I believe is on the other side of the bay. Flying in a few days early for a side trip to Antietam. Would flying into Baltimore be better?

Back