FINALS: Destination CWT Muster 2020

Finals: Destination CWT Muster 2020 Vote for the one(s) you would likely attend one east one west

• WEST: Shiloh & vicinity TN

Votes: 44 49.4%
  • WEST: Franklin & vicinity TN

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • EAST: Antietam & vicinity MD

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • EAST: Fredericksburg & vicinity VA

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • EAST: Charleston or Savannah & Vicinity GA/SC

Votes: 26 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fredericksburg is trailing badly—-any of those 7 want to change their vote?

I voted for Fredericksburg out of personal reasons and the ability to attend. If most people think they are able to make it one of the other places great!

Been to Antietam, Harpers Ferry, and DC enough times, not to say I wouldnt go back. Though I would love to go to Savannah in all liklihood that would be a difficult trip to schedule and make. Not saying it wouldn't be great.

Looks like I'll probably not be attending next year's doodah. I was hoping for the Tennessee locations as that might work with a visit back to Kentucky and being able to see some family sites north of Nashville. Charleston might work, too, as the wife loves that place and I've got deep family ties there. Shiloh is just too 'out there' for me, although I'd love to see it and I've already been to the other east choices. It's a big deal for me to get back east: airplanes, rental cars, a lot of money, time, and a wife and a dog who aren't much interested in the CW. I hope a good time is had by all.

Well after apprising my friend Tom on goings on, I've cast votes for (drumroll) Shiloh, and Antietam. As Tom said, even though he's been there a million times, Shiloh sounded like the place to go and he has always wanted to go to Harper's Ferry and Sharpsburg. He said "Let's try to go to both East and West!" with me thinking, "Oh God I better get some finances in order and that's a tough proposition to me..."

But I've never been to either, and no one, I mean NO ONE better be surprised or shocked, if I stand in a street in Harper's Ferry looking up at the Maryland Heights and say "Imma climb that!"

Well after apprising my friend Tom on goings on, I've cast votes for (drumroll) Shiloh, and Antietam. As Tom said, even though he's been there a million times, Shiloh sounded like the place to go and he has always wanted to go to Harper's Ferry and Sharpsburg. He said "Let's try to go to both East and West!" with me thinking, "Oh God I better get some finances in order and that's a tough proposition to me..."

But I've never been to either, and no one, I mean NO ONE better be surprised or shocked, if I stand in a street in Harper's Ferry looking up at the Maryland Heights and say "Imma climb that!"

Do it! Lots of folks do...

… But I've never been to either, and no one, I mean NO ONE better be surprised or shocked, if I stand in a street in Harper's Ferry looking up at the Maryland Heights and say "Imma climb that!"
Do it! Lots of folks do...
Just don't expect any of us to be waiting for you with a car at the top!

Although it would be a twelve hour or so drive for me, I voted for Shiloh in the West and Fredericksburg in the East which is a much more doable trip for me. I would love to visit Antietam but me and the wife are both concealed carry permit holders and Maryland does frown upon Second Amendment rights for folks like us. I've always been fascinated with the ebb and flow of the fighting at Shiloh and if this is the destination I hope it would take place during the Spring which would add a touch of scenic beauty to the trip.

Although it would be a twelve hour or so drive for me, I voted for Shiloh in the West and Fredericksburg in the East which is a much more doable trip for me. I would love to visit Antietam but me and the wife are both concealed carry permit holders and Maryland does frown upon Second Amendment rights for folks like us. I've always been fascinated with the ebb and flow of the fighting at Shiloh and if this is the destination I hope it would take place during the Spring which would add a touch of scenic beauty to the trip.

They probably would hate us Idahoans even more. We have permitless concealed carry!

153 members voted in the preliminary poll. 60 have voted thus far in this poll.

93 members are MIA.
????? I thought this poll is supposed to be based on those actually planning on attending...….neither of the last 2 had near 60 attendees....much less 153...…...

BTW if 60 or definitely if 153 show up...car snakes wont be very practical, better get some busses plural for 153.......

I guess anything is possible it's still only 2019 it's hard for most to plan that far ahead in advance anything is possible.

Not hard for me to decide if something is worth planning on doing, the only reason there was any doubt between me planning on attending this years after deciding to last year, was the cancer thing popping up and going through ongoing treatments, but I still made it work:D

Not hard for me to decide if something is worth planning on doing, the only reason there was any doubt between me planning on attending this years after deciding to last year, was the cancer thing popping up and going through ongoing treatments, but I still made it work:D

Some people work and have to get vacation trip or days off from work to attend these events. It's great to see these events though and the fellowship they can bring. I wish we could have them several times a year.

????? I thought this poll is supposed to be based on those actually planning on attending...….neither of the last 2 had near 60 attendees....much less 153...…...

BTW if 60 or definitely if 153 show up...car snakes wont be very practical, better get some busses plural for 153.......

I think originally we had a lot more coming at Vicksburg till life whittled down the numbers. I expect we'll have more in the East because we'll be in the neighborhood of other members over there, plus there is more interest in the war in that area, (still can't figure that one out). But whatever happens it'll work out one way or another.

Back