Favorite Small Arms anyone!?!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

gary

Captain
P56 Enfield. When good enough will do.
M1859 Sharps rifle with Lawrence Pellet Primer.
Technology wise the Henry was the most advance.
The Whitworth was the longest reaching and unlike heavy barrel target rifles some sharpshooter companies carried, were very portable.

Waterloo50

Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Guess I'm just an old stick in the mud, Colt's 1851, .36 Navy wins hands down.
Nothing wrong with Your choice, I can’t say that I have a preference for any particular small arm as I’ve never had the opportunity to shoot the real thing, although I’d love to have a go at shooting the Henry or Winchester. I bet the LeMat has got a bit of a kick to it.

Griswold & Gunnison, Leech & Rigdon, Rigdon & Ansley, Augusta Machine Works, Columbus Firearms Manufacturing Company, Schneider & Glassick, Dance & Brothers, L. E. Tucker & Sons, Tucker, Sherrard, & Company (et al), and Sisterdale.

I admire those small Confederate manufacturers for their abilities to come to the fore and produce revolvers based upon the Colt revolvers when the Confederacy had few resources.

And, I am a Yankee.

Jim

Griswold & Gunnison, Leech & Rigdon, Rigdon & Ansley, Augusta Machine Works, Columbus Firearms Manufacturing Company, Schneider & Glassick, Dance & Brothers, L. E. Tucker & Sons, Tucker, Sherrard, & Company (et al), and Sisterdale.

I admire those small Confederate manufacturers for their abilities to come to the fore and produce revolvers based upon the Colt revolvers when the Confederacy had few resources.

And, I am a Yankee.

Jim
I'm guessing that Spiller & Burr feel a bit slighted.

20190127_230535.jpg

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)