NF Favorite Documentary

Non-Fiction

Rusk County Avengers

Captain
Muster Stunt Master Stones River / Franklin 2022
You read the title, now share your favorite CW documentary!

Also this is limited to old History Channel ones before they went to reality shows, aliens, and modern political infection in their work. Also not limited to one favorite. I know their not the most scholarly work, but for me their good when working on something, or something of that nature inside.

As for me, I think my favorites would be...

1. April 1865
2. The Battles for Atlanta
3. the Civil War Journal series when I was a kid, (I haven't seen them in years...)
4. History Channel's Sherman's March
5. Civil War Combat, (another one I ain't seen in ages)

Lets see what kind of list and discussion we can get going.

I have seen a couple of Civil War Journal episodes on youtube and liked them a lot. Short but very informative. :smile:

I also very much liked Ken Burns' documentary series. They're really well done and cover so much, from politics to battles and the people.

Another good documentary is the History Channel's The Most Daring Mission of the Civil War.

Misleading, more opinionated title, and a lot of details wrong with the reenactors and their garb, but all and all a very good watch. One documentary series I loved growing up on History Channel, that was real good, wasn't really CW though it did have one episode covering the CW in the West, would be Wild West Tech.

I'd fight to get off the school bus every, I think Tuesday, to get inside the house and see it before it was over.

You read the title, now share your favorite CW documentary!

Also this is limited to old History Channel ones before they went to reality shows, aliens, and modern political infection in their work. Also not limited to one favorite. I know their not the most scholarly work, but for me their good when working on something, or something of that nature inside.

As for me, I think my favorites would be...

1. April 1865
2. The Battles for Atlanta
3. the Civil War Journal series when I was a kid, (I haven't seen them in years...)
4. History Channel's Sherman's March
5. Civil War Combat, (another one I ain't seen in ages)

Lets see what kind of list and discussion we can get going.

The "Civil War Combat" series from the History Channel was one of my favorites. I remember having a sick day in middle school and binge watching my VHS tapes of it. The narrator, Tony Jay, was also the voice of Frollo in the Disney animated Hunchback of Notre Dame. You could never forget that voice.

Recently though I caught myself loading Youtube onto my Xbox and playing some of the animated battle map videos from American Battlefield Trust back to back. Those kind of docu series help me concentrate on whatever I'm working on

Another good set of documentaries are the ones from Wide Awake Films. Not the best, or most groundbreaking, but good watches. I especially like "August Light" covering the Battle of Wilson's Creek/Oak Hills.

Civil War Journal was a pretty good show, but there were a few episodes that were a bit, dry. A friend of mine gave me an unknown DVD from the History Channel he got in the mail years ago the other day, when I got home and stuck it in the player I was excited when I discovered it was an episode of Civil War Journal! (wish it said so on the actual DVD), then my excitement turned to anger because it was one of those not so good episodes, one of the several on Gettysburg.

Now I want to find more episodes of it, which thankfully isn't to hard to do it seems.

Back