Does Anyone Recognize This Photo?

Johnny_Reb_1865

First Sergeant
Joined
Nov 3, 2019
Here's a photo I colorized of a Confederate Veteran at the 50th Anniversary Reunion at Gettysburg.

_nc_ohc=7sznaCQIzcUAX-mzeLG&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.png


I was hoping somebody would know who this veteran was.
 
I had a post on this picture about 4 years ago. I have always wondered who he was and what he was writing and it has always fascinated me. I was able to download the picture from loc.gov back then and try to see what the gentleman was writing. I can make out Gettysburg July 2 13 but that's about it.

View attachment 422331
Part of it says "Col. Har_" Colonel Harper perhaps?

Top says "Gettysburg Pa, July 2nd' 13'"
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top