CSS Tennessee Digital Model

OwenRichards

Corporal
I thought I'd show off what I have of my Tennessee model so far.

The idea is to create a scene with my Tecumseh model and make a small part of Mobile Bay on my hard drive.

This is what I've got so far. I'm going to continue working on this as time permits.
tenneseedock.jpg

tennesee_08.jpg

gundeck.jpg

Looks good so far. When she went into action , she had no boats aboard, and any vents etc had been struck below .
The ensign was flown from a staff at the aft end of the casemate, and Franklin Buchanan's blue jack from a staff abaft the pilothouse.
There seems to be some discussion about her colour, The painting of her in action with Hartford shows her as black, she was described as being dark grey when commissioned, but I have seen her described as mud coloured or dark brown.
I know it doesn't help but I painted my model dark grey !
Hope this is useful.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I have a few irons in the fire at once and it can take me quite a while to get back to projects once the merry-go-round starts to turn. I saw that this was last posted in 2015. Blehhh! Sorry about that.

I started making a few of the other ships in the Confederate fleet and came here to post and found out that the great folks at Photobucket had hosed my thread.

So, I'm going to repost a few of my older shots and then hopefully have some new stuff to post.

Early shot inside the casement.
8B9AaHe.jpg

Viewport render showing wires, creases, etc.
chzULzX.jpg

Under steam.
UfRwHjU.jpg

Ready for action!
BjE69co.jpg

These are some great views. I really like them, keep up the good work. They are very enjoyable to see, and I can imagine a whole Confederate Naval scene at sea, or out in Mobile Bay.

Back