Confederate script R buttons.

Wel
Hello from Kentucky! New member here. A friend suggested this Civil War site. Very nice indeed!

I was researching a couple of buttons and need some assistance.

I was able to identify the gilt button as: Alberts CS 222 Rifleman, page 378. It states that Pitt & Co. were not known to make buttons for the Confederacy. If this is the case, who did they make this button for?

I am unable to identify the silver toned button. Appears to be a Rifleman, two piece, made by Scovill, Waterbury?

View attachment 527718

View attachment 527719
Welcome, enjoy
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top