Colorized Images

i-WdfwNN8-X3.jpg
 
Thank you for the kind words Mr. Wolf.. Its odd how some of the older pictures just seem to take better to coloring then others...Thomas and Stuart seemed to take colors very easily, while I had a heck of a time with Bragg.. It might be with how washed out the orignal pictures was or the resolution.. Not sure... But glad you liked and thanks for the high complement.. :)
 
Fantastic job with JEB too Wilber. I was also amazed that you asked about the color of his hat.....and mere moments later oldpete63 posted a museum picture of the real thing! Thanks for posting that too OP!

Thanks again Wilber, I'm sure enjoying it!
 
This is turning into a really nice place to visit, thank you! Stuart looks amazing- I think maybe what color does for me is kind of affirm what I had in my head about the personalities of some of these people, if that doesn't sound too wierd. General Stuart does look like he's a handful, doesn't he? And Oscar the Grouch, HA! very good!

I'm glad someone else brought up Buford! I'd whine and it's not attractive.
 
RNMCSA, sir;

You wrote:


I would like to add the following possibilities and perhaps when looking at military coats open, will support my opinions.

e) Access to the vest pocket, as to get to the pocket watch.
f) Access to a upper pocket which held a traveling inkwell and dip pen/combination pen and notebook/dispatch book.
g) Access to smoking pipes, cigars, rolling paper and tobacco pouch and a match 'safety' (a tin for holding wooden matches/safety matches)
h) Hankie.

Please look at General Thomas' mid torso by his left elbow. There seems to be a book, or hard rectangle in that area where the arm is bent. It could be a very deep pocket for such a dispatch book/orders book. Combination pens (mechanical pencil/dip pen in one case) collapsed approximately 3 to 4 inches in length. Easy to fit into a vest pocket/watch pocket.

M. E. Wolf

Sir,
I believe you hit the nail on the head with that assesment.
 
Wilber,
Once again truly marvelous work. Looking at Sherman is like looking into madness. (no offense intended to those who love him)
 
awesome thread by everyone...the colorization and the pics and then JEB's hat and jacket...LOVE IT!

I am somewhat a traditionalist I suppose and have never really liked the colorization of old photos but after studying wilbur's efforts I have changed my mind...at least as regards the studies in this thread. I think th e excellent work on the unis, not just the person, also adds a lot.
 
Thank you for the kind words Mr. Wolf.. Its odd how some of the older pictures just seem to take better to coloring then others...Thomas and Stuart seemed to take colors very easily, while I had a heck of a time with Bragg.. It might be with how washed out the orignal pictures was or the resolution.. Not sure... But glad you liked and thanks for the high complement.. :smile:

It's okay, Wilber. You're not the only one, LOL. (Now you know how THAT GUY felt.)
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top