Captain William C. Quantrill, CSA

Personally I've never felt an affinity for Quantrill. Most the Missouri guerrillas I can understand their motives, but not his.......He starts out fighting for one side, then suddenly flips to the other, and in the end flees..........
I wouldn't say I feel an affinity for him, either. However, in the general view, he gets condemned for a lot that some of those other guys did.
 
I have always felt that Quantill's motivations during the war were something he kept to himself. He began as a pro Kansas anti slavery man, but by 1861 he was pro slavery. So what changed him and why. We just don't know, but his actions during the war speak for themselves. He was who he was. Beyond his actions we can never determine who or why he was. He was an enigma, a mystery to all. In the end good or bad, he was William C. Quantrill, a Missouri Gurrrilla.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top