1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Calling all Texas Reenactors!

Discussion in 'Events, Living Histories, and Reenactments' started by Zack, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Zack

Zack Private

I need your help! I am a film student in Austin, Texas looking to make a realistic short film set during the Battle of the Wilderness. I am looking for the Uniforms and Equipment needed to Outfit Four (4) Average Union Soldiers as they would have appeared in 1864.

IN EXCHANGE for your cooperation you will be granted access to the set, invitations to any and all screenings, credit in the film, and the opportunity to audition.

Please message me on my profile if interested for further details.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. Karen Lips

Karen Lips 2nd Lieutenant

How is everything going?

Zack likes this.
  4. Zack

Zack Private

Good! I reached out to the local reenacting community but they've unfortunately had bad experiences with filmmakers in the past and therefore don't want to participate. I completely understand their reasoning. I'm now budgeting to purchase uniforms for the actors. I have picked out a location for the shoot and my cinematographer is working on gathering the equipment we will need to shoot. Casting should begin soon!
    Thank you for asking!

5. Karen Lips

Karen Lips 2nd Lieutenant

Good luck! I once had the desire to be a film maker, but I just did not see how I could realistically be one.

Zack likes this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)