C Robe Saber

Specster

Sergeant Major
Joined
Sep 19, 2014
Location
Mass.
C. Roby Saber out of West Clemsford, ma

I have the opportunity to acquire an 1860 Calvary saber. Ive been looking for a while. This one is in good shape. There are 3 inspactors initials on the racasso and the end of the scabbard. AGM on the recasso and 3 initial on the scabbard which do not match.

Ive been looking 2 lick up a ACW saber for close to 2 years. Is this a good opportunity???? After all is said and done I figure I would pay about $600.

Any obseravtions welcome. No maker/ inspection marks on the brass handle - a little filing.

Now that Im looking at the pics the handle may look like it has been re worked.

I have some pics if anyone is interested.....
 
Last edited:
image.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top