Button ID

New hunter

Private
Joined
Feb 19, 2019
Found this button today and need help on the ID
347C2C55-E3A7-4EB3-B941-A660A8A12947.jpeg
 
Its what is called a Ball or Zouava button. From the size it appears to be a cuff button. Does it have a back-mark? These were used on Cadet and Zouava uniforms and are still worn on cadet uniforms today. From the patina its very old so a back-mark will tell the age.
1551017181631.png

1551017248077.png

1551017502183.png
 
Do you have more pictures taken at different angles? It looks like something is written on it. @ucvrelics is the guy who can better help you. Hopefully he'll chime in to the discussion.
I would post more but I don't see any writing, whatsoever. A little afraid to brush or scrub it as I don't want to damage it. It does have one small area of gold, but you can barely see it
 
Its what is called a Ball or Zouava button. From the size it appears to be a cuff button. Does it have a back-mark? These were used on Cadet and Zouava uniforms and are still worn on cadet uniforms today. From the patina its very old so a back-mark will tell the age.
View attachment 293968
View attachment 293969
View attachment 293971
I also read that it could be a regular civilian button. I'll hope for the former! Thanks for your help, I thought I had junk until I got home and cleaned it up a little
 
I would post more but I don't see any writing, whatsoever. A little afraid to brush or scrub it as I don't want to damage it. It does have one small area of gold, but you can barely see it
AF151179-B4AD-4A98-A705-6295555D83E1.jpeg
F6D68F49-42F6-4BDB-AF0C-1D47C0732EBA.jpeg
Not sure if there are letters or not. Thought I saw an "A" on the back, but could be my mind playing tricks. Small piece of gold still on front
 
Looks like it may have a back-mark but being a ball button just leave it as found. Where there is one there are others.
 
More relics will tell the tale. Keep us informed as what you find.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top