Ammo Bullet Mould ID #2

Andylit

Cadet
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Location
Eagle WI
I came into some Civil War era moulds that are not the usual suspects and I'm hoping folks here can offer at least some direction to makers, origin, etc.

I decided to post each one separately instead of clumping them.

Contestant #2.
This one is a bit odd in the shape of the castings. At first glance those spikes look like sprues. They are not. This mold has a conventional sprue plate to knock off the sprue. I have never seen this design before. Wondering if anyone has a story to tell about how and why.

0.373 Ball 75gr 0.3675 Conical 100gr

Your thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Dang it. System grabbed the wrong photos. No, it was not me. I composed 2 messages and was waiting to post because of the delay. Ignore the photos above. Here are the correct images.

HoA-02-01.webp


HoA-02-02.webp


HoA-02-03.webp


HoA-02-04.webp


HoA-02-05.webp


HoA-02-06.webp
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top