Authentic CS Infantry buttons?

Joined
Aug 24, 2023
Good afternoon everyone! This is my first post, and I'm happy to be here. I recently picked up a set of relics with a letter of provenance dated from Sept. 18, 1911 with ties to "Bloody Lane" Antietam battlefield. I want to ask what do you all think about the buttons? They're crudely casted from either lead or pewter and is there a chance that these could've been camp made?
Thank you all

3EDCA1A3-C6B0-4AC8-B7DD-1275A69BA9F7.jpeg


0A51E853-0223-4BFE-91F1-ED73E18EF95E.jpeg


E8F04538-B39F-4571-8821-197ECC95DDCD.jpeg


FB6A6F2B-A51D-433B-8167-7D11F5DDB56C.jpeg


1D7C42AB-C52A-4C4D-B313-EBE8EE516656.jpeg


62FA7311-3311-4E6E-A45F-4FCEDF8D2113.jpeg
 
The CS did make a pewter cast I button as the original below. Your's are repops. One reason I have always collected CS buttons is they are hard to fake. Backmarks can't really be faked so folks try and fake the ones that don't have backmarks.
pewter cast I -1.jpg
pewter cast I.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top