Assembling a M1855

Sfpd2010

Cadet
Joined
Apr 27, 2014
Location
Northern Il
Was wondering if anyone had any experience assembling a M1855 from parts? I'm in the very early stages of seeing the feasibly of doing so. S&S Firearms, Lodgewood, Grandpa's gun parts, Comer's Gunworks, Dixie gun works, the small parts are readily available. Looks like Barrel, Stock and Lockplate are going to give me the biggest headache. I can source them, but they look to be single (Whitacare for a barrel, Dunlap for the stock)or limited sources and priced accordingly. I know the price is going to be comparable to a ready made reproduction, but I like the idea of assembling one myself.

Just wondering if anyone had gone this route and what their experience was like. Also wondering if there are other vendors out there for parts. Thank you in advance.
 
Was wondering if anyone had any experience assembling a M1855 from parts? Thank you in advance.

1) Parts http://therifleshoppe.com/catalog_pages/us_arms/(695_A).htm
Wait times there can be lengthy

2) Have you looked at old threads on
and
 
Was wondering if anyone had any experience assembling a M1855 from parts? I'm in the very early stages of seeing the feasibly of doing so. S&S Firearms, Lodgewood, Grandpa's gun parts, Comer's Gunworks, Dixie gun works, the small parts are readily available. Looks like Barrel, Stock and Lockplate are going to give me the biggest headache. I can source them, but they look to be single (Whitacare for a barrel, Dunlap for the stock)or limited sources and priced accordingly. I know the price is going to be comparable to a ready made reproduction, but I like the idea of assembling one myself.

Just wondering if anyone had gone this route and what their experience was like. Also wondering if there are other vendors out there for parts. Thank you in advance.
Sounds fun. Rifle or musket? I dint know of an 1855 carbine but I don't know everything.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top